Cultural Competency Workshop
$650.00 + GST
We are sooo excited to host this 2-day workshop in Auckland and especially to have the fantastic Pale Sauni as our facilitator!
With his facilitation style, stories, jokes, humour and music, this workshop will be the highlight of your year!!!!!
- Title: Pasifika Education Consultant.
- Qualifications: 30 years in creating, designing, delivering education and health services to Pasifika and
Maori communities. Specialising in safe strategies and approaches to engage and understand our communities of living and learning.
What will happen in this workshop?
- Getting to know who’s who around the table
- What your connections are in Pasifika communities
- Why’s this important?
- A short history, Pasifika migration story and how we got here
- Data and stats about who we are, where we live, where we work, and what contribution we make to Aotearoa’s GDP
- A short session on why you should engage with Pasifika
- Welcome and greetings in 7 languages
- Conversation over tables in common Pasifika words
- Transferring your skills to complement what principles are required in engaging safely with Pasifika communities.
- A session on role-plays in your workplace using all that you’ve learned in the sessions.
A session on All you wanted to know about Pasifika, but we’re too afraid to ask! (This is always a great session on stereotypes, discrimination, and prejudice), but it’s safe cause Pale adds lots of Pale humour and
illustrations. No one is ever offended.
- 19th and 20th November 2020, 9.30am – 3.30pm
- Depending on numbers we will be confirming the venue shortly
What’s the investment?
- $500+GST per person to confirm your space
Category: Public Courses
No images available at the momentFollow us on Instagram!